I could be persuaded Instagram may have some value:
Even a bigger hit the second day in July (it also occurs two days in May).
But can this be accurate?
Surely there is a phenomenon almost as cool, somewhere in the American Midwest or Mountain West, perhaps, where the good Presbyterian, Lutheran and Mormon pioneers laid out their cities and entire states with clean Cartesian grids . . . anyone got information to correct Dr. Tyson?
Maybe the question to ask, perhaps from Tyson, is how to calculate when an east-west street in your town might get a “henge” moment.
- Tyson figures out how to make astronomy popular: Name it “Manhattanhenge,” watch the millions flock to see it (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Sun Turns NYC into ‘Manhattanhenge’ Tonight (space.com)
- 18 Unbelievable Manhattanhenge Photos [GALLERY] (bostinno.com)
- Manhattanhenge’s sunset show wows New Yorkers (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Sunset to transform New York City into ‘Manhattanhenge’ (csmonitor.com)
- New Yorkers marvel at ‘Manhattanhenge’ sunset (7 Pics) (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)
- Manhattanhenge (thestarryeye.typepad.com)
- Sun Turns NYC into ‘Manhattanhenge’ (news.discovery.com)
- Manhattanhenge 2012, Viewing The Setting Sun As It Aligns With the East-West Streets of Manhattan (laughingsquid.com)
- Cameras roll on ‘Manhattanhenge’ (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Manhattanhenge: A Unique Bi-Annual Photo Op for New Yorkers (petapixel.com)
- Sun Turns NYC into ‘Manhattanhenge’ Tonight (livescience.com)