Dave Does the Blog agreed, and pointed the way to Slacktivist, a blog on issues of faith and lack of faith, who also agree that creationists ought to change their tune: The Loch Ness Monster doesn’t belong in science textbooks, especially as a claim against evolution theory.
Slacktivist points out that the Nessie claim is taught in schools funded with public money. Your tax dollars at work, parents, teachers and politicians, teaching your children that Nessie is real.
What about monsters under the bed? Does the text claim they contradict evolution, too?
- American Children Taught Nessie is Real (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Louisiana Elementary School Teaches Loch Ness Monster Refutes Darwin (jdjournal.com)
- Loch Ness monster proves Darwin wrong (freethinker.co.uk)
- Loch Ness Monster disproves evolution (boingboing.net)
- Fundamentalist Schools Using “Nessie” To Disprove Evolution (idle.slashdot.org)