How much image manipulation, if any, was necessary to capture this enormous-looking Moon rising over a South Dakota “road to nowhere,” close to the 2013 Winter Solstice?
Who should get credit for the photo? (I can’t quite read the name in the lower left corner.)
Buy a print here, from the photographer, Aaron J. Groen.
- Here a Henge, There a Henge: Astronomy Fun on a Street Near You (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- Solstice at The Henge: warm blankets, mulled wine and marshmallows (heritageaction.wordpress.com)
- Visualize Manhattanhenge … despite cloudy skies for a New York sunset (feeds.nbcnews.com)
- A Map That Shows When Any Street Aligns With the Sunset (atlanticcities.feedsportal.com)
- Fascinating “Facts”: Holding StoneHenge up to a Mirror (heritageaction.wordpress.com)
- At Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub