At 7:46 a.m. EDT the population of the U.S. is projected to hit 300 million people.
What sort of lesson plans are available for such an event?
- AP story cites the Secretary of Commerce saying population is good for economy.
- Milwaukee Journal’s Eugene Kane says it’s “just another number.“
- Bloomberg wire notes the leading effects of immigration and immigrants.
- New York Times notes that married couples are now in the minority.
- San Francisco Chronicle says it’s good news that immigration is the driver, not birth rate.
Is there room for pondering such issues under the state’s education standards for social studies?