I can’t make that URL in the chart work — the original article at DeSmogBlog is here.
Global warming deniers often claim that bias prevents them from publishing in peer-reviewed journals. But 24 articles in 18 different journals, collectively making several different arguments against global warming, expose that claim as false. Articles rejecting global warming can be published, but those that have been have earned little support or notice, even from other deniers.
A few deniers have become well known from newspaper interviews, Congressional hearings, conferences of climate change critics, books, lectures, websites and the like. Their names are conspicuously rare among the authors of the rejecting articles. Like those authors, the prominent deniers must have no evidence that falsifies global warming.
Anyone can repeat this search and post their findings. Another reviewer would likely have slightly different standards than mine and get a different number of rejecting articles. But no one will be able to reach a different conclusion, for only one conclusion is possible: Within science, global warming denial has virtually no influence. Its influence is instead on a misguided media, politicians all-too-willing to deny science for their own gain, and a gullible public.
Scientists do not disagree about human-caused global warming. It is the ruling paradigm of climate science, in the same way that plate tectonics is the ruling paradigm of geology. We know that continents move. We know that the earth is warming and that human emissions of greenhouse gases are the primary cause. These are known facts about which virtually all publishing scientists agree.
- Flatly wrong global warming denial | Bad Astronomy (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Global Warming To Cause A New Ice Age (stevengoddard.wordpress.com) (This is a mostly parody site; satires are poorly labeled, however, as are solid reports.)
- The overlap of creationism and global-warming denialism (pekintimes.com)
- Surprise, Climate Change Denier Appointed To Head House Science Committee (wonkette.com)
- Jim Powell – Why Climate Deniers Have No Scientific Credibility – In One Pie Chart (prn.fm)
- Koch Brothers Produce Counterfeit Climate Report to Deceive Congress (desmogblog.com)
- New Report: ‘Extreme Weather Report 2012’: ‘Latest peer-reviewed studies, data & analyses undermine claims that current weather is ‘unprecedented’ or a ‘new normal’ (climatedepot.com)
- Bill O’Reilly watching climate change denier moved to tears by polar melting documentary (boingboing.net)