Not big news — they do this almost every year — but I want to put down the anchor on this story.
Why do I want to anchor it? In about three days, if tradition holds, I’ll get an e-mail from some vet madder than hell that Obama shut out the kids of military veterans from the Easter Egg Roll; the story he sends will probably claim Obama changed it to a Ramadan Relleno Roll, or something.
I post it here so I can find it quickly, then. Obama H8ers will distort every piece of good news. You can see the drumbeat start in the “More” section below. A Continuing Resolution passed the Senate today, and is expected to win approval in the House tomorrow, providing funds to continue the Easter Egg roll on April 13, as well as the rest of the government through the end of the Fiscal Year.
- SequEaster: White House threatens to cancel annual Easter Egg Roll (twitchy.com)
- “Tell Christians Easter is Expendable”… White House Cancels Annual Egg Roll (palookavillepost.com)
- After White House Tours Shut Down, White House Easter Egg Roll Is Next…seriously? (katenews2day. wordpress.com)
- Another sequestration casualty? (politico.com)
- Horrible… Obama May Cancel 135th Annual Easter Egg Roll Due to Sequester (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Re: Could a government shutdown doom the White House Easter Egg Roll? (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Some con bloggers tried to set it up so they could slam Obama regardless which way things go
Update: Turns out that Fox News had already slammed Obama, falsely, for keeping the Egg Roll on the calendar. As Mediaite reported, Fox News’s Megyn Kelly charged it was all politics, prompting White House press guy Jay Carney to explain the event is paid for out of donations, not out of the budget.
[…] But it’s still hanging fire. Plus, my description of the various anti-Obama crazinesses isn’t so cogent as our friend Jim provided in comments to an earlier post. […]
As with any mental illness, Obama Derangement Syndrome’s treatment must begin with an accurate diagnosis. It is certainly possible that what passes for ODS may actually be nothing more complicated than food poisoning. Got ahold of some bad clams? It will pass. It could be severe constipation. Nothing an enema can’t clear up. But if you’ve ruled out the usual suspects, follow this handy checklist to determine if you are an ODS sufferer. Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward lucidity and wellness.
You may have Obama Derangement Syndrome…
• …if you believe he was a CIA operative fighting with the Afghan rebels and against the Soviets in the 1980s. Your case of ODS may be terminal if you believe this…and yet now believe Obama is, himself, a Marxist.
• …if you suspect he had that great American patriot, Andrew Breitbart, murdered. Extra points if you are sure the Obamas have had as many people murdered as you believed the Clintons did. Still more bonus points if you think gay sex orgies were connected to his murder spree.
• …if you are reasonably sure President Obama orchestrated Hurricane Sandy in order to improve his chances at the polls in 2012; planned and ordered either the Sandy Hook school massacre or Aurora Theater massacre to create a pretext for a giant “gun-grab”; and was behind the BP oil spill and/or the Massey Energy coal mine disaster in an effort to justify tighter regulation of business.
• …if you believe the President used an executive order to hand over U.S. territory to Russia.
• …if you have seen incontrovertible “proof” that Obama removed the American flag from Air Force One and replaced it with his campaign logo; has consistently refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance or salute the flag; seldom if ever wears an American flag lapel pin and steadfastly resists suggestions from staffers that he say “God bless America” at the end of his speeches.
• …if you know that he was a member of the Black Panthers, the Weather Underground, the American Communist Party, the American Fascist/Third Way Movement, the Illuminati, the German-American Bund, the Campfire Girls of America and Friends of Ish Kabibble.
• …if you believe President Obama has a “secret plan” to remove evangelical Christian young people from their homes and place them in FEMA or UN-run re-education camps.
• …if you believe the birth certificate is a forgery, never existed in the first place or that it exists – but that it, upon careful examination, shows that Barack Obama was sired by a jackal.
• …if you have seen “evidence” that he furnished the Oval Office with Islamic or Middle Eastern décor; that he has changed the name of the WH Christmas tree to the WH “Holiday” tree; that he wears jewelry with secret Koranic verses on it; or that he was sworn in on the Holy Koran and not the Bible.
• …if you believe he had the October, 2012 jobs report altered.
• …or if you believe President Obama is part lizard, the Antichrist or a former CIA operative who was teleported to Mars.
If any of these resonate with you as plausible, reasonable or outright true…seek help for ODS immediately. There is no shortage of treatment options. One might begin by cancelling subscriptions to Stormfront, Newsmax, Citizen Magazine, World Net Daily, Conservapedia and World Magazine. Additional recommendations include a Fox “News” fast, putting your “Left Behind” books in the recycle bin and avoiding those personalities who may function as enablers of ODS. Such individuals include Glenn Beck, James Dobson, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Sowell, Laura Ingraham, Texe Marrs, Hal Lindsey, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Allen West and Rick “Man on Dog” Santorum. (This is, of course, not an exhaustive list.)
Side effects resulting from successful ODS treatment may include increased lucidity, rationality, compassion and diminished feelings of inadequacy and self-loathing. People who have recovered from ODS report a significant reduction in suspicion and mistrust of those of different races, religions and cultures. Ask your mental health professional if receiving ODS treatment is right for you.
Well considering Joe fell for that “Emperor” bit a few weeks ago I’m not counting on Joe’s level of intelligence and discernment. He seems to be suffering from Obama Derangment Syndrome.
I really don’t know about Joe, Nick. But I am sure one of the conservative talking heads or morons at Weird Nuts Daily will say so. Or perhaps that Obama…
Sacrificed a goat to Cthulu to mark the coming of Spring…
Made the Easter Bunny gay marry the tooth fairy…
Required that little hammer & sickle decals be placed on every egg…
Or some such asshattery.
I thought the conspiratards had really shot their wads when Bill Clinton haunted the halls of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I never dreamed they could match and exceed the world stupid records they set in the 1990s.
Boy, was I wrong.
And Joe will be along to claim that Obama has canceled the Easter egg hunt within the next 24 hours…