Out of context? GOP candidates complain they’ve had remarks “taken out of context,” when the GOP spent the past 16 years perfecting the art of political smear by out-of-context quoting?
A Political Primer on Quoting Out of Context
The Bachmann Diaries
A found Poem using quotes from Bachmann speeches and interviews
Take this into consideration.
During the last 100 days we have seen an orgy.
I have to warn you, this is not a pretty sight.
It would make any local smorgasbord embarrassed
The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.
I love homosexuals.
…and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body.
So if there’s anyone who needs sanctification, it is me.
It will be an awesome day.
© Devona Wyant
I am reminded of Ms. Wyant’s poem by Gov. Mitt Romney’s complaints that his “47% remarks” were taken out of context, and by this video response to his complaint:
Comes the news from Minnesota that her constituents have wearied of Bachmann, and she’s in a tough fight for reelection. Awesome day, indeed.
Now, can we get that Romney guy into an appropriate context?
- Bye Bye Crazy Eyes: Poll Finds Democrat in Position to Defeat Michele Bachmann (politicususa.com)
- Bachmann proves Santorum right, GOP not for the intelligent (dailykos.com)
- Bachmann’s Lead Nearly Gone: Poll (newser.com)
- Bachmann: Vote for Romney because Obama is ‘extremely wealthy’ (rawstory.com)
- On CBS, Norah O’Donnell Grills GOP Strategist; Takes Romney’s Abortion Quotes Out of Context (newsbusters.org)