Looks like snow to me. From the Department of Interior:
World and U.S. history classes should be long past this point, but the photo just recently surfaced:
Bering Land Bridge National Preserve? Did you even know there was such a thing? Part of our public lands, your tax dollars at work.
Not a place for a Sunday drive. There are no roads to get to the place. For students, this site offers a lot of photos and interesting stuff for projects in history (human migrations) and geography (land forms, lava flows, migration routes, wilderness).
- Bering Land Bridge National Preserve site
- BLBNP’s Photostream at Flickr
- Irish swimmers complete Bering Strait relay (sykose.com)
- Sea Ice Changes Begin Affecting Vegetation On Land (alaskapublic.org)
- The US and Canada Are Officially Preparing for the Inevitable Oil Spills in the Arctic (motherboard.vice.com)