Chart based on Jonathan Gruber’s calculations here, in The New Yorker. Gruber was on PBS’s NewsHour a few days ago, opposite a cranky old man from the Heritage Foundation who seems to be offended that he gets a fat paycheck. Transcript and much more information, here. Video of entire segment (including report on House hearings on the “glitches”), below.
Gruber was interviewed by economics reporter Paul Solman earlier, and that appeared on NewsHour’s blog, on October 1; that transcript is here.
- Here’s What’s Wrong With That Obamacare ‘Winners And Losers’ Chart That Everyone Is Passing Around (businessinsider.com) (BusinessInsider complains that ObamaCare does not cover undocumented alien residents of the U.S., nor did Texas expand Medicaid to its poor people. No kidding. Chutzpah, eh?)
- The Winners and Losers of Obamacare, One Month In (theatlanticwire.com)
- A Month in to Healthcare.gov, Real-Life Winners and Losers (valuewalk.com)
- A Month in to Healthcare.gov, Real-Life Winners and Losers (propublica.org)
- CHART: ‘Winners And Losers From Obamacare’ (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- The Victims of a Ban on Really Bad Insurance Policies (washingtonmonthly.com)
- That Obamacare Chart is Still Pretty Useful (mcleanparlor.com)