You got the Tweet?
Photo from NPS employee Kristin Glover, at Miter Basin.
We should go see for ourselves, no?
If you go today, vote before you go. This is one of the areas to be opened to energy exploration — oil and gas drilling or other mining — under Mitt Romney’s “energy plan” and the GOP National Platform.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, NPS site
- Sequoia National Park Turns 122 (theepochtimes.com)
- Giant Sequoias — Safe at Last? (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- California ‘Big Trees’ Focus of Campus Colloquium (gantdaily.com)
- 1 of 2 hikers missing in Sierra Nevada found safe (sfgate.com)
- Protecting One of Earth’s Greatest Treasures (ecowatch.org)
- Search Efforts Suspended for Missing Hiker Larry Conn at Kings Canyon National Park (yubanet.com)